A bite is considered to be healthy when all or most of the teeth are present and not destroyed by normal daily usage.
It is destructive when teeth show wear, looseness or when TMJ (jaw joint) damage is seen. Bite therapy helps restore a bite that can function without damage and destruction. The therapy may include:
- Reshaping the biting surfaces of the teeth and eliminating spots of excessive pressures where the teeth are brought into contact. This is done by carefully dividing bite pressures evenly across all of the teeth.
- Bite splint therapy using a custom-fitted and adjusted plastic bite guard to keep the teeth apart, worn during the day, at night, or both.
- Braces to reposition mal-aligned or drifted teeth.
- Replacement of old, worn out, or damaged fillings.
- Reconstruction of badly worn and damaged teeth.
ABOUT DR. JOHN FERRIN, DMD, MS
WHO WE ARE
Dr. Ferrin brings a wealth of cutting-edge periodontal training with him to Southern Oregon. Born in the mountains of Northern Utah and raised in Mississippi. Dr. Ferrin joined the U.S Army National Guard at the age of 17 and served for 14 years. He received his Bachelor's Degree in Biology with an emphasis in Physiology from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas and went on to earn his DMD at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas School of Dental Medicine. While attending dental school, he started a nationally recognized dental clinic to provide free dental care to Veterans in need. The clinic was named Sgt. Clint Ferrin Dental Clinic after his brother, who neglected his oral health due to several deployments. Sgt. Ferrin was later killed in action in Iraq in 2004. For his work in the clinic, Dr. Ferrin was awarded the ADA Foundation Award for student leadership.
What People are Saying
"I never thought I'd need a gum graft (or that I'd write a review for one!), but thankfully, there is Ferrin Periodontics. Dr. Ferrin is kindhearted, empathetic, and highly skilled..."
"It has been 10 years"
"I gave Dr. Ferrin and his staff a five rating for the family atmosphere and professionalism I experience every time I go there. I had a crown Lengthening procedure and I couldn’t be more please with the out come..."
NEW PATIENT FORMS
Save 20 minutes at your first visit by bringing in your completed forms to your 1st appointment!
Hours of Operation
MON: 7:00am - 3:00pm
TUES: 9:00am - 3:00pm
WED: 7:00am - 3:00pm
THURS: 7:00am - 3:00pm
John D. Ferrin, DMD, MS
2930 E Barnett Rd, Medford,
OR 97504, USA