Periodontal disease is a serious infection under your gum line.
ARESTIN® (minocycline hydrochloride) is an antibiotic that kills the bacteria that cause the infection.
- It’s placed directly in the infected areas—or “pockets”—in your gums.
- It’s applied right after scaling and root planing, the dental procedure that disrupts stubborn plaque and bacteria below your gum line—where brushing and flossing can’t reach.
ARESTIN® starts working quickly, right at the source of infection and keeps fighting bacteria long after you leave the dental office. 1,2
ARESTIN® fights infection and inflammation for 30 days,2 and provides significantly better results than scaling and root planing alone for up to 90 days.3
1. Oringer RJ, Al-Shammari KF, Aldredge WA, et al. Effect of locally administered minocycline microspheres on markers of bone resorption. J Periodontol 2002;73:835-842.
2. Goodson JM, Gunsollwy JC, Grossi SG, et al. Minocycline HCl microspheres reduce red-complex bacteria in periodontal disease therapy. J Periodontol 2007;78(8):1568-1579.
3. Williams RC, Paquette DW, Offenbacher S, et al. Treatment of periodontitis by local administration of minocycline microspheres: a controlled trial. J Periodontol 2001;72:1535-1544.
ABOUT DR. JOHN FERRIN, DMD, MS
WHO WE ARE
Dr. Ferrin brings a wealth of cutting-edge periodontal training with him to Southern Oregon. Born in the mountains of Northern Utah and raised in Mississippi. Dr. Ferrin joined the U.S Army National Guard at the age of 17 and served for 14 years. He received his Bachelor's Degree in Biology with an emphasis in Physiology from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas and went on to earn his DMD at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas School of Dental Medicine. While attending dental school, he started a nationally recognized dental clinic to provide free dental care to Veterans in need. The clinic was named Sgt. Clint Ferrin Dental Clinic after his brother, who neglected his oral health due to several deployments. Sgt. Ferrin was later killed in action in Iraq in 2004. For his work in the clinic, Dr. Ferrin was awarded the ADA Foundation Award for student leadership.
What People are Saying
"I never thought I'd need a gum graft (or that I'd write a review for one!), but thankfully, there is Ferrin Periodontics. Dr. Ferrin is kindhearted, empathetic, and highly skilled..."
"It has been 10 years"
"I gave Dr. Ferrin and his staff a five rating for the family atmosphere and professionalism I experience every time I go there. I had a crown Lengthening procedure and I couldn’t be more please with the out come..."
NEW PATIENT FORMS
Save 20 minutes at your first visit by bringing in your completed forms to your 1st appointment!
Hours of Operation
MON: 8:00am - 5:00pm
TUE - 10:00am - 5:00pm
WED - 8:00am - 5:00pm
THURS: 8:00am - 5:00pm
FRI - APPOINTMENT ONLY
SAT & SUN CLOSED
CLOSED FOR LUNCH 1pm-2pm EVERY DAY
John D. Ferrin, DMD, MS
2930 E Barnett Rd, Medford,
OR 97504, USA